Thursday, October 16, 2008

The beginning of, the beginning

I'm aware that I haven't written anything real in quite awhile. Just know that on my hiatus from blogging, I've acquired plenty of bruises. But time must have been jamming, because before I knew it, I realized that my first bout (roller derby tournament) is in a week!

So, to celebrate and not leave you in the dark, this coming week before my debut as Rhoda Destruction on the Chanel Cartel team, I'm going to go through a recollection of most things that have happened in the past few months. I'm even going to explain the game to you because, I'll be honest, I had no clue at the beginning of this blog.

Some exciting news that can't really wait: Everyone within the FoCo Girls Gone Derby league has just been placed onto teams, my roommate Nikki (aka Iggy Cox) is now a member of the Deathrow Dolls (my enemies!) and several of the ladies on wheels recently posed for a roller derby pin-up calendar. But as I promised, all of this will be recollected.

Also, Cox and I will also be on the local radio station October 24th, talkin' up babies' first bout and playing Halloween music. We can't even wait.

No comments: